Friday, April 11, 2014

Chantry Flats To Sturtevant Falls

Hello! I haven't blogged in a long time and kind of wanted to go back to doing so. I am a California native and love to explore what has and hasn't been seen. I try to make everything I do or wherever I go an adventure. I hope you enjoy my food and travels as much as I do! Anyway, I figured since hiking is one of my favorite hobbies, I'd start off with a well known and lovable hike which is Chantry Flats to the beautiful 50 feet waterfall located near Sierra Madre, California. This hike is part of Angeles National Forest, and Angeles NF is one of the best places to hike in Los Angeles. There is so much to explore and see! I have done this hike a few times, and I still love it every time. I think it's a really good hike for beginners who want something a bit more challenging but not moderate challenging...then again my standards might be high! If you are fit, you will have no problem doing this hike. Someone who is out of shape might find it challenging because of some of the gradual incline this hike has. The start of this trail also lead into other hikes that I will later mention. This trail can also get busy during weekends so either get there really early to get good parking or hike during a weekday. Also, I have seen many people with their dogs so it's pretty dog friendly.

Hike Breakdown:
Level: Easy to Moderate
Distance Roundtrip: 3.7 miles
Parking: Adventure Pass/Recreation Day Parking Pass required everyday except the following holidays which are free: Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President's Day weekend, and Veterans Day. Can be purchased at Big 5 stores or pack station near the parking lot.







No comments:

Post a Comment