Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Glacier National Park & Banff National Park of Canada


It has been years since I have written in this blog and was reviewing some old posts. Maybe I’ll continue it, maybe I won’t. Haven’t yet decided what I wanted to do. It’s been 7+ years since my last post now that I am a professional in my career and a mother of 2. Life has changed a lot and for the better. No one will understand unless you are a parent that balancing act, selflessness, difficult times, and how being a parent is a thankless job yet a rewarding one. No one will care about your own kids as much as you do, and doing whatever to protect them at all costs. I have spent the last 3 years dedicating my life and everything to my kids almost to the point that I lost a little bit of my former self. I have contemplated life during many difficult times, and what it means to be a mother and where I currently fit in society. My interests have changed and I find myself putting my kids first in everything I do. That also means not doing much for myself. Things I have used to enjoy such as hiking, taking photos, trying new restaurants with friends, etc. I no longer do. So when the question of my 35th birthday came up and what I would like to do was asked, I could honestly say I didn’t know. A friend asked, “Why don’t you go hiking again like you used to? You don’t ever go out anyway. Do something for yourself for once.” I thought about those statements and thought about it for some time. I missed going to Canada annually pre-Covid times and decided maybe this is what I will do. I did not want to go to the same places I used to visit and decided to research new places. Glacier National Park, Kootney National Park, Banff National Park as well as Icefields Parkway were all on my new trail list of looking into. I literally had 3 days to plan and decided to wing it. Here are some photo preview of some of the hikes and more blogs to come (maybe).


No comments:

Post a Comment